Your Guide to Modern, Pragmatic Project Management
This book is a reality-based guide for modern projects.
You'll learn how to recognize your project's potholes and ruts, and determine the best way to fix problems - without causing more problems.
Your project can’t fail.
That’s a lot of pressure on you, and yet you don’t want to buy into any one specific process, methodology, or lifecycle.
Your project is different. It doesn’t fit into those neat descriptions.
Manage It! will show you how to beg, borrow, and steal from the best methodologies to fit your particular project.
It will help you find what works best for you and not for some mythological project that doesn’t even exist.
Before you know it, your project will be on track and headed to a successful conclusion.
- Learn all about different project lifecycles
- See how to organize a project
- Compare sample project dashboards
- See how to staff a project
- Know when you’re done—and what that means.
Manage It! shows you how to use low-tech techniques to directly address the most pressing problems of modern software project development.
[Book Description Source: The Pragmatic Book Shelf & www.amazon.com ]
Goodreads Rating - 3.89 out of 5 (120 Ratings; 16 Reviews)
A very useful guidebook for managing projects in a very pragmatic and sensible way.
Will enable smooth transition from traditional project management to agile project management wherever needed.
- Table of Contents, Preface and Introduction
- Chapter 4: Scheduling the Project
- Chapter 11: Creating and Using a Project Dashboard (excerpt)
- Project Templates from the Book
- Johanna Rothman's (author) website
Buy from Amazon.in Buy from Amazon.com