This book is a compilation of Swami Sukhabodhananda's talks on Bhagavad Gita Chapter - VI.
This chapter in Bhagavad Gita is deals with Astanga Yoga. Astanga Yoga is a meditative practice to control the mind and senses in order to realize the Supreme Soul , Parmatma which dwells in each individual's heart. Lord Krishna explains to Arjuna the exact process of this yoga in this chapter.
Swami Sukhabodhananda interprets Krishna's teaching in context of modern times. Through his inimitable witty style supported by humorous anecdotes he delivers the profound message of Krishna in a package that can be easily understood by a layman and make an impact.
Swamiji is a great orator and I enjoy attending his talks or viewing it on the TV/Internet whenever I get a chance.
I enjoyed reading this book too.
Contents of the Book
The fourty seven verses of Bhagavad Gita - Chapter VI are interpreted through following chapters of this book:
- Choice is conflict;Choicelessness is bliss
- Sat Chit Ananda
- Who am I?
- Not being conscious to the present
- Lift yourself by yourself
- You are your friend and You are your foe
- Meditation - The poetry of 'Oneness'
- Mind is the master key
- Authentic thinking and not sheer positive thinking
- The art of looking
- Let not reasons guide your life
- Trust in existence
- Meditation - The ultimate flowering
Goodreads Rating - 3.67 out of 5 (3 ratings)