Monday, October 17, 2011

Exploring Indian Railways


Author:      Bill Aitken
Published:  1994
Hardcover: 292 pages


As a kid I used to look forward to train journeys a lot. And I still do. This interest in trains led to my picking up this book from the library. Though this book was somewhat outdated (last published in 1994) I was expecting  interesting accounts of some fascinating train journeys undertaken by the author , interspersed with interesting anecdotes and facts about Indian Railways. But I was rather disappointed. This book devotes much space to the bureaucracy and politics prevailing in Indian Railways around the time the book was written. Though in bits and pieces some interesting information is available, by and large I found this book rather boring and outdated.
I rather keep this review short and not waste too much time writing about the book which I wish I had not read at all.

[Please feel free to leave your comments below or bookmark/share this summary]

No comments:

Post a Comment